Tuesday, March 20, 2018

motoring around

Yesterday was a bright day, and with my trembling mood we decided to go for a drive (always the best medicine for me). We started off in the city at a big mall. First stop: try on pants and found two pair that are actually flattering and feel comfortable too. From there we did the circuit around the mall, with a few stops as we oohed and ahhed over various things. The second loop we decided to just zoom around, getting our steps for the day. It was a fun afternoon.

I had thought that I’d wear the new black pants on the plane, but looking up the flammability of rayon, I decided I’ll stick with less comfortable cotton jeans… cause you just never know. Of course I did my research when I was in bed, desperately trying to fall asleep - giant fail!  The awfulizing started and I didn’t get to sleep for hours :-(

From there we did some groceries -  it seems that we are always shopping for some sort of food as we eat it up as fast as I make it.

I clipped the dogs nails this afternoon and did a total hack job - it looked like a scene from Carrie. Kabira got off scott free, Bella had one nail nicked, but Spike? My poor wee pup had several nails slaughtered. Bloody footprints from multiple paws earned him time in his crate. I’ve only rarely barely nicked him and don’t know what went wrong for me to do such a bad job.

This afternoon we sped into the city to pick up a new motor for our Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV). The old one has failed and since our house is so airtight it is important that we get it fixed asap.

Can you understand? Someone, somewhere, can you understand me a little, love me a little? For all my despair, for all my ideals, for all that - I love life. But it is hard, and I have so much - so very much to learn.”
~Sylvia Plath

No comments: