Saturday, April 14, 2018

to Hell in a hand basket

It wasn't actually a handbasket, but a small tourbus that brought us to Hell, Grand Cayman. There wasn't much more than a post office, gas station, and little souvineer store but we can say we've been to Hell.

Speaking of hell... I'm in my own personal one as I've come down with a cold... that's 4 cruises out of 4 that I've suffered. My immune system must be crappy. Is crusing for me? I might have to give it one more go. At least this time I packed cold meds.

Where was I? Oh yes, the Grand Cayman on Thursday. We took a tour that included a sea turtle farm, and I can't remember what else. It was formal night so even though I was starting to feel crappy I got dressed up again. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the shoes I have need stockings so I felt like an overstuffed sausage. My blingy necklace continues to attract compliments.

Yesterday we were in Cozumel, Mexico. Our tour went to a chocolate factory, Mayan ruins, and a quick stop at the Atlantic coast where the waves pounded the shore. It was intersting, but I felt like crap so didn't get much out of it. All I could think of was getting back to bed.

Today is a sea day. Carm brought me breakfast in bed and then he headed out to play some trivia. I lollygagged around, taking my time getting ready to face the day.

I thought of going back to bed to rest up for tomorrow's marathon day of getting home, but the theatre was having a tour and a meet and greet with some of the dancers and singers.

We had lunch with Mary & Chuck then headed to our room to pack for our long voyage HOME! I've had a fantastic time on this cruise, but am ready to see my pets and have a simple bowl of soup for supper - no more three or four course suppers till the next time. Some kind of fat-free vegan soup will be on our menu for many, many days/weeks/months...


No comments: